38 kW Standby Generator
Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 38 kW KOHLER® generator with an industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
- Powerful - In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
- Smart - You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
- Premium warranty - We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that's built to last.
- Quiet - Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that's similar to a normal conversation.
- Innovative - This generator's patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
The Power You Need
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 38RCLB provides 158 amps on LPG and natural gas
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 38RCLB at 74kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by Kohler KG2204T industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate the need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
- Compatible with OnCue® Plus and optional OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single-phase generators only).
The Conveniences You Expect
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 62 dBA at full speed and 54 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single-phase generators only).
*Based on generator and load size. **PRM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single-phase generators only.